With Congress at a virtual stalemate over a new round of aid to help Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic, we thought it was time to take a look at its future. Can Congress ever regain its stature as a governing body? We talked to two representatives who’ve played a big role in helping the House navigate the pandemic: Massachusetts Democrat Jim McGovern, chairman of the Rules Committee, and Tom Cole of Oklahoma, the top Republican on the panel.
- ‘Skinny’ coronavirus relief bill blocked in Senate
- Asian American communities fall behind in pandemic recovery
- Capitol Lounge, unofficial living room for Congress, to close down in September
- Democrats link race, jobs, climate in election-year resolution
- Trump health official Seema Verma spent millions of taxpayer funds to polish her image, report finds